Geeky or cool? (Star Wars related)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dlloyd, May 24, 2005.

1. Cool! I want my own R2!

38 vote(s)
  2. What a bunch of geeks!

39 vote(s)
  1. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I didn't visit the link but I feel that Star Wars related was enough for me to cast my vote. :cool:

Edit: Upon clicking the link... I stick with my inital vote.
  3. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I think one of these would be cool to have...for a couple of days.

And then you would start to look at it and say "What the #$%^ was I thinking?"
  4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU

Hey, wait, according to the poll, some think it's cool! :eek:
    Is there a doctor in the house?
  5. You know, it's kind of funny. All "Star Wars Nerds" are made fun of because of the fact that they openly love the movies. But come movie time, Lucas will still manage to break box-office records. There's definitely a large number of "closet nerds" out there.
  6. Puh-leeeeeeeeeze gimmie a break.

I think it's cool, but not ina way that I wanna build one myself, but be honest (at least with yourself) that you would think it would be awesome to have a real deal R2-D2 around the house doing stuff, bet he has the best games loaded too.

7. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    There definitely is some building skill here, geek or not. Check out the full-sized X wing.
  8. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Ok I think it's pretty "geeky" but who am I to judge. :smug:
  9. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004

Where would you keep it? :meh:
  10. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Speaking of Star Wars geeky/cool...

11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

12. As lame as R2 building is, I had to vote that it's cool because I love the movies....and I'm a jedi.... :ninja:
  13. Hmmm, well as vacuum cleaners go, I'm sure it would collect dust well.....
  14. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    I wouldnt want one for myself.

But I do think its cool, the astromechs are the best droids in the movies, and no matter what you think of the idea, the skill that must go into those, they look like the real deal movie props.
  15. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    As a SW geek, I declare this uncool.
  16. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    If you have to ask about it being cool... it's not.

Especially if the other alternative is extremely geeky to the max, times four.

Formula: 4x Geek = (R2 building cost/Size of Parents Basement x Number of Girls not related to you that have ever seen said basement)^2
  17. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    (Geeky and) Cool...I want my own R2. Especially if it can shock people, open doors, transmit Holograms, go underwater, fix anything electronic, and shoot my lightsaber 15 feet in the air. I'd want the translator from the X Wing though, so I could understand what the heck it was talking about.

[Violins here] I remember being sooooo bummed back in the day when instead the R2D2 action figure I got that stupid R5D4. I also originally got Lando instead of Han, but there you go....

18. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium