Generally don't like shmushed offset bodies but...............

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ThePresident777, Sep 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ThePresident777

ThePresident777

Oct 6, 2013
  2. Qlanq

Qlanq

Jul 9, 2007
    Swansea
    Played a mates Retrovibe. Nice bass for sure.
    Daves basses have quite the following.

Bassbadger likes this.
  3. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Can't arger with that. I want to order a bass from Europe some time. Thomann has some nice looking unique affordable items I like. I was surprised how reasonable shipping to the States would be.

ThePresident777 likes this.
  4. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I'd have to add a Ric toaster pickup at the end of the neck to perfect it.

5. ThePresident777

ThePresident777

Oct 6, 2013
    Yes, and a 5th string, and reverse the position of the P coils, and double up on the J pickup, and .... :)

6. ThePresident777

ThePresident777

Oct 6, 2013
    How is the neck? I like chunky necks, like Ibanez 90's ATK305 and early ATK805 type chunky.

7. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
  8. Qlanq

Qlanq

Jul 9, 2007
    Swansea
    The one I played had a more Ric feel to it.
    The neck was a little too wide for me, I'm drawn more to Jazz size neck. The one in the pic above has a jazz feel and shape.
    Due to trouble with my fretting hand I'm using a short scale at the moment though.

9. ThePresident777

ThePresident777

Oct 6, 2013
    Never played a ric. I don't touch things I can't afford.

How is the thickness of the neck? The shoulders, are they shallow like a c or a full like a U shape?

10. Owen Bacon

Owen Bacon

Jul 27, 2015
    Oregon
    Pretty sweet looking. Too bad it replaced the super p series, that was the cheapest p/mm Ive ever seen.

11. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I love Dave's Fender/Rick mashups! That, and his Zygotes are a constantly-simmering source of GAS for me. I hope I get to try some out someday. drool

I did make it a point to pick up one of his "Stinger" preamps for a parts-bass project I'm currently working on. I can't wait to put it through it's paces! :thumbsup:

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021