Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by akimbo, Nov 5, 2004.

1. akimbo

Nov 5, 2004
    Does anyone know anything about the reliability,etc. of Genz Benz ( especially tube amp products)? I am considering getting a GBE 500H amp head and a 4x10 XB2 cabinet. Does anyone have any experience or know anything about tose two things? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am having a hard time finding information about genz-benz.
  2. Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    I have a GBE400 Head with a 2X10 XB2 cab right now and both have held up great to gigging on a regular basis. No the head isn't tube but I do know that anything GB makes is built to last...most of their stuff is HEAVY though. My 2X10 I think is about 75 pounds and my head in the quicksleeve rack is another 60 pounds or so. They make a good product for the money though, you shouldn't be disappointed
  3. ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    Dooder, Genz Benz stuff is really good, something to look into. I have the LS410, and it's good. It's pretty loud, goes really deep and has nice mids and highs. I also have the 2x12 Neo and I can't say much else about it. But yea, I would recommend thier cabs. I've never played through one of thier heads...i should do that.
  4. Genz-Benz is a really great company with really good products. I have a GB NeoX 212t and it's an amazing cab. Also, their customer service is second to none. I've never heard a complaint from anyone who owned GB bass gear.
  5. davepack

davepack Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I'm using the GBE600 head. It sounds great, has a tube and solid-state pre. Very versatile and loud.