1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GENZ-BENZ?? Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by akimbo, Nov 5, 2004.

1. akimbo

akimbo

Nov 5, 2004
    Does anyone know anything about the reliability,etc. of Genz Benz ( especially tube amp products)? I am considering getting a GBE 500H amp head and a 4x10 XB2 cabinet. Does anyone have any experience or know anything about tose two things? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am having a hard time finding information about genz-benz.

2. Hofbrauhaus

Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    I have a GBE400 Head with a 2X10 XB2 cab right now and both have held up great to gigging on a regular basis. No the head isn't tube but I do know that anything GB makes is built to last...most of their stuff is HEAVY though. My 2X10 I think is about 75 pounds and my head in the quicksleeve rack is another 60 pounds or so. They make a good product for the money though, you shouldn't be disappointed

3. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    Dooder, Genz Benz stuff is really good, something to look into. I have the LS410, and it's good. It's pretty loud, goes really deep and has nice mids and highs. I also have the 2x12 Neo and I can't say much else about it. But yea, I would recommend thier cabs. I've never played through one of thier heads...i should do that.

4. Genz-Benz is a really great company with really good products. I have a GB NeoX 212t and it's an amazing cab. Also, their customer service is second to none. I've never heard a complaint from anyone who owned GB bass gear.

5. davepack

davepack Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I'm using the GBE600 head. It sounds great, has a tube and solid-state pre. Very versatile and loud.