1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Genz-Benz Shuttle 3.0 + Zebra Case- has an issue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by El Tookay, May 3, 2018.

1. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Price:
    $125
    We all know how good Genz gear is, and what a Dhuttle 3.0 is...here’s the deal...the output is fuzzy/ distorted when the signal led activates. Yes, I tried plugging into the effects return, same result. Emailed TB’er and former Genz ( now Mesa) engineer agedhorse, who does all the Genz repairs in Davis, CA. He knows what is going on, and can fix the problem for $75 and return shipping. I would do it, but I’m so overloaded with amps ( looks like a GK showroom here...) and I just don’t want to deal with the b.s. from Canada Customs, so passing this on to anyone who wants a killer amp for gigs, practice space, whatever. Yep, the Zebra Case comes with it! $125 USD shipped to your door, Canada and US 48. PayPal is how we roll...

Attached Files:

2. I'm curious... @agedhorse what's the turmoil on the inside of this lil guy? Talk circuits to me :D

3. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Here’s Andy’s response to my inquiry..
    Hi,

What you have islikely several problems occurring at the sametime. All of which are fixable. The distortion issue with LED is dueto a component with an unstable value, the others can have awide range of causes.

I have a flat rateservice program for the US and Canada, see below for theinformation. Using the postal service is thequickest and least expensive way to ship across the border,note on the customs form that it's a return for factor service sothat you don't get hit with any customscosts. It ends up being very simple, returnshipping of this amp to Canada is $48 flat (USD).

The flat rate service program for a Shuttle, Streamliner or Contour 500, is $75 flat and for aShuttle Max, is $100 flat (plus return shipping) includes all labor and parts except for the power ampmodule, high voltage PSU module, andtube. Turnaround time is 48 hours, and I go through the wholeamp. I have all of the parts here in stocktoo. If for someunlikely reason I find something that is not covered by the flatservice rate program, I will provide anestimate before any repairs are made.

The flat rate service program for Shenandoah JR, 85, 100, 150LT, Compak 300 and Acoustic Pro, is $75 flat (plus return shipping)includes all labor and parts except for the power amp module, DSP effects module and tube (on the pro). Turnaround time is 48 hours, and I go through the whole amp. I have all of the parts here in stock too. If for some unlikely reason I find something that is not covered by the flat service rate program, I will provide an estimate before any repairs are made.

These rates only apply to amps based in the USA and Canada that have not been serviced or attempted to be serviced by anybody else, otherwise I find that I spend more time fixing additional damage and ruined parts than the flat rate program allows. Also, there are some major assemblies that are no longer available if damaged by a failed repair attempt (preamp board, jack boards, 3DPM modules, and high voltage power supply modules) resulting in an amp that is now unrepairable. I have yet to have this issue on a product that has not had a previous repair attempt.

If it turns out that the cost is greater than the flat rate charge based on the damage I see (not common), I will send you an estimate. If you do not want to proceed with repairs, there are 2 options...

Option 1: Pay $75 for the diagnostics time and the return shipping charge and I will send it back to you unrepaired.

Option 2: I will eat the entire diagnostics charge and place the unit into my bone-yard parts inventory. Of course there wouldn't be any return shipping charges with this option.

Send to the address below, be sure to pack it well (factory box is best expect for Contour/Shenandoah chassis) being sure that the front of the amp is well protected from damage. Please include a note attached to the unit with all the symptoms you can think of, your contact info, return shipping info, and the e-mail address that you use with PayPal. Please PM me with the tracking number when it ships (that's how I log your amp into my system) and have it delivered with no direct signature required.

I handle all factory level Genz Benz support/repair for KMC/Fender/Jam Industries as part of our agreement to continue customer service to our former dealers, service centers, the Fender National Service Network and customers of the product.

Best regards,

Andy Field
    Former Product Development Engineer
    Genz Benz, A KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company

R&D Lab:
    Substrate Engineering
    26260 County Road 98
    Davis, CA 95616

4. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    The “other issue” was a transient thump on power-down...

5. I see! I'm mostly trying to gauge if this is something I can tackle at home :)

6. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Not disrespecting anyone’s qualifications, but I’d rather have Andy do the work. The man who built them knows them best...sire, probably a ganky resistor or two, but which ones, right?....YMMV...

7. Well then you should very much count me out on this one.

8. El Tookay

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Sold.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021