1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Genz Benz Shuttle MAX 9.2 900 Watt Amp Head Shuttlemax

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by David Henry, Aug 10, 2017.

1. David Henry

David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Salem, Oregon
    Price:
    Genz Benz ShuttleMAX 9.2 in 100% functional, excellent condition except very minor noise only while turning the master volume knob sometimes and 3 very small scratches on the top. Has only been used in my non-smoking, pet free home.

Comes in original box/packing including Foot Switch, Power cable, Owner’s manual and Warranty card.

$470 plus shipping to the USA only. PayPal OK. I really hate to sell this, but I have no other choices now. Due to health and associated financial problems, I am selling most of my music gear.

Info from Genz Benz:

FEATURES

• 500W @ 8 ohms; 900W @ 4 ohms

• Dual Channels---FET and TUBE Preamps

• Switchable or Blendable Preamps

• Input Mute Circuit

• High and Low Gain Switch per Channel

• Active 4 Band EQ with Dual Parametric Mids

• High Current Class D Amplifier Design

• Adjustable 3 Band Signal Shape Circuits

• 3 DPM Power Management

• LED Status Indicators
    • Patent Pending P.H.A.T topology Speakon Speaker Outputs
    • Internal Fan Cooling
    • Full XLR Direct Output Interface
    • Aux. Input
    • Headphone Jack
    • Three Effects Loops (FET Ch; Tube Ch; Master)
    • 115/230 Volt Switchable
    • 5 Position Footswitch Included

DESCRIPTION

This new SHUTTLEMAX design is a natural extension of this series and has been a highly requested addition to our product offerings from many pro players.

The SHUTTLEMAX 9.2 features dual FET and TUBE channels, a 4 band EQ with dual parametric mids and our fully adjustable Global Signal Shaping filters, along with our robust 900 watt Class D amplifier platform. This combination offers maximum versatility and tone shaping with a power section that produces 500 watts at 8 ohms and 900 watts at 4 ohms. This model is an excellent choice to power any of our UBER cabinets, or a combination of 2 of our GB115T-UB or new "UBER QUAD" GB1288T-UQ bass cabinets.

The SHUTTLEMAX 9.2 is also the introduction of the 2nd generation of the SHUTTLEMAX design which incorporates our new proprietary 3DPM™. This 3 Dimensional Power Management technology insures more solid output with increased heft and girth of the individual notes, while maintaining the articulation and dynamics of the note. The result is a 900 watt bass amp that weights only 7 lbs yet achieves the 3 dimensional tone and feel, like an all tube power amp design.

The powerhouse behind the ShuttleMAX 9.2 is our Class D amplifier and SMPS module, enhanced with our Patent Pending P.H.A.T. (Proprietary Heat Abatement Technology) topology. This delivers robust and reliable, high output performance in a tremendously compact and convenient package.

Thanks,
    Dave

1.JPG
    1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 10a.JPG 11a.JPG 11b.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    fishstix and catcauphonic like this.
  2. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Good amp folks. I have one and its a keeper.

David Henry likes this.
  3. lpbfender

lpbfender Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Stamford CT
    My main amp..GLWTS

David Henry likes this.
  4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Incredible that this is still listed FS :jawdrop:

5. CoffeeLove

CoffeeLove Supporting Member

This is my go-to amp and worth every penny. Surprised it is still here.

6. racecar5

racecar5 Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Myersville, Maryland
    My number 1 amp, able to do it all! These jewels are getting harder to come by. One of you TB players need to buy this, you will not be disappointed! Able to do acoustic and electric.

7. I've Been thinking ahead to gigs where I might be swapping between electric and upright, would this be a good head for that? I just got a Quilter
    Bass block 800, but not sure if I'm gonna keep it, don't know if it will suit all my needs. This seems much more flexible. But I was really looking forward to small -
    Do you find this still easy to transport and carry?

8. racecar5

racecar5 Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Myersville, Maryland
    Use the FET channel for acoustic, and the tube channel for electric. Plus having the option to use both channels at once makes for some great sounds. I have gigged this amp a lot, no case throw it in the car an go. Don't usually even take the pedal with me. You won't ever need another amp, so much power!

9. nateynate

nateynate Gold Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Oxford, MS
    +1 on the 9.2 being a great amp. It's very flexible and as the previous poster mentioned, great for two-bass setups where you need different settings.

Lots of times I set them vastly different and switch / combine them for cool effects.

Plenty of power, light, and tons of control with the eq section. The DI out is particularly awesome. I use it in the studio a lot to record direct, and frequently get complimented by sound engineers saying how it's the quietest and cleanest DI signal they've ever seen in the venue.

racecar5 likes this.
  10. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    it would be a fantastic head for that! The response curve for these heads compared to many others is pretty flat, with a nice present upper midrange that makes it punch without being too skronky. Perfect for that upright "mwaaahhhh" while still bringing as much low end as you want.

Couple that with the two channels, and you can eq each of them for each instrument.

As far as transport? This thing weighs about ten pounds and can fit in a small backpack. It doesn't really get any easier.

and finally, OP has a really competitive price for this. I, too, am flabbergasted that this is still here. They usually sell within a day of posting around here. I had to watch the classifieds like a hawk and snipe both my head and NX2 cab within hours of the ads going up; the sellers were already getting other offers.

11. tlockett

tlockett Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I can not believe how cheap this is....I own one,and this is a DEAL

12. Cowboy in Latvia

Cowboy in Latvia

Mar 1, 2015
    I'd buy this if it shipped to Europe...too bad it doesn't.

13. Sent a PM