1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting a Road Worn Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Funk, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    Well guys, after playing three of these things I can no longer resist, I'm going to get the Fiesta Red Jazz. The feel, tone and look of this bass is just what I need to get me to play more. As far as the relic thing goes, hey, it's a personal thing so let's not get all fired up about that. And the made in Mexico thing has become a positive as my current go to Jazz was made there as well. I don't play out enough and don't think I will live long enough to even begin to put any real wear on poly finished bass, it's just too strong. The main thing is that I have not bought a new bass in seven years and I need a little inspiration to play more and I have found it. So call me a cheater if you will but I won't hear you because I'll be practicing. Peace!

2. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Congrats there Doctor... they're great basses, although I prefer the burst. Post some piccys.

3. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I bought a road Worn Red P bass and its my favorite. Sounds great and inspires me to keep playing.
    Good luck with your Jazz..... :cool:

4. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Great choice!!

5. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    Yee Haa! Any bass in Fiesta Red is Gorgeous!

6. SMW17

SMW17

Mar 5, 2010
    East Tennessee
    I'm looking at the RW Jazz in Fiesta Red too!

7. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    Whatever trips your trigger and will get you to practice and further your playing IS a good thing! Your money - your call...the rest be damned :p I've (over the last 4 years) preferred Highway Ones with Warmoth necks, and IF anyone doesn't like it - they may put it where da sun don't shine! Enjoy your Jazz and make beautiful music together ;)

8. I absolutly love my Road Worns...I purchased a Fiesta Red Jazz bass and I liked it so much I bought a Sunburst Road Worn Precision. I also am thinking about getting a Sunburst Road Worn Jazz bass. These basses feel like a old pair of jeans. I have a Fender 62' American Vintage Jazz bass and to me there is no comparison and what I mean by that is what you feel from the Road Worn in playability...It just feels so good. To me, these basses are up there with the CS series and the American Vintage series...no question. I think they are some of Fenders finest basses...Play one and I think you'll agree.

9. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I've played one and the neck was not exactly what I love but thought it was a very good instrument; are they all super light like this one?

10. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    Congrats, i think those basses are really cool.

11. Relic or not - bottom line is - they're a great feeling /sounding / playing bass. IMO came a close second to the '62AVRI.

There's a couple of good basses in the classies ATM - a 62RI (which is a nitro finish) and a really sexy looking RW.

12. thwump64

thwump64

Feb 2, 2010
    Oshawa, ON
    Fiesta Red is pretty BA.
    Post pics please! :bassist:

13. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    +1

No Pics, no...well you know!

I must say this thread has inspired me. Now I have to beg forgiveness...:bag:

14. Good going, treat yourself. Nothing like buying a new bass and really enjoying it. For the last 4 yrs I've treated myself to a new bass each year and really dig the ones that I have purchased. Don't worry about the relic thing, I personally could care less. Enjoy and congrats.:bassist:

15. Good choice! I'm absolutely in love with my fiesta red RW jazz.

16. I dig the Road Worns also. I just wish the relic wear looked more realistic, like the CS models. And I hate how all the basses have the exact same wear. But they do sound great and play great, which is what counts.

17. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Congrats!

I still think $1000 for Mexi bass is too much.

18. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    They do sound fantastic though.

19. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic

Attached Files: