Getting ready for my unscheduled vacation - Stu Hamm Tutorials arrived today!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Clark W, Mar 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Clark W

Clark W Just Say No To Tort! Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Well working at the last major automotive manufacturing facility still running in Alabama has it's plus and minuses.

The pluses
    1) I'm still earning money
    2) My Stu Hamm interactive DVD's got here today!

So for the shutdown that's coming, most likely due to lack of parts from our suppliers, I have these to keep my busy when it happens. Anyone used these before?
    Going to do the Blues one first.

lessons.jpg

2. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
    Never used what you spoke of, however, the Blues is a good place to start. Why? You can go to most jamm sessions and a 12 barre Blues progression will be what is being used. My first jamm session the older guys told me to; "Grab a 12 bar Blues progression and hang on". The key is normally called out in a jamm circle.

Here is a guitar video, however, it goes into more detail than most others, just remember you will be using the same beat, but, with chord tone notes instead of a strum. The ole Root-five will work. The 12-Bar Blues Progression - Blues Guitar Lessons

Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Clark W likes this.
  3. Clark W

Clark W Just Say No To Tort! Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    I'm one of those older guys, lol. Been playing off and on since the late 70s. Started out by ear on bass and sheet music on Clarinet.

The past year and half I've been learning the what and why, of what I have been doing by ear all these years. Kind of backwards when ya think about it I guess.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021