Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Getting some more Ink today !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Apr 26, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Hello Friends

I wanted to share with you the image i have chosen for part of my new tattoo that i am getting today http://jaminmark.catholiccompany.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=3835 this picture will be blended together with a picture of the Blessed Mother on the back of my left arm. I hope to have some pics up by the end of the week.

2. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Wow - thats pretty detailed! Definitely show some pics when it's done! Looks like a big job!

These 'new tattoo' threads are giving me another case of TAS ;)

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I look forward to seeing the finished work, but I dont envy your chair time ahead hehe.

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah, its time to start working on my sleeve.

5. MAJOR METAL

I am probably looking at 3 to 4 hours on this one. I did my center chest in about 5 hours so this will be a piece of cake for me :D

6. MAJOR METAL

7. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    cool :cool:

I hope you were sitting/lying comfortably! 5 hours must be pretty intense! 2 was enough for me :)

was it done in 1 sitting, or did you need to go back?

8. MAJOR METAL

I started and it was so painfull ( i thoght i did 2 and a half hours on my upper outer arm i thoght this wont be any diffrent :help: ) and i didint want half a tattoo for 3 weeks so i did 5 hours straight through, When my guy tattoos me he allways lets me bring Metallica to put on so i kind of just zoned out.

9. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Hehehe, I've got probably close to 30-35 hours total in the chair now. About 4 hours is my limit though in one session. Beyond that and I just want them to stop every time they touch me hehe. All my work has been on my arms, cept a very small one on my back. I think the pit of the elbow is the worst so far. My octopus is all right around there and it was killing me lol. Oddly, the sleeve on my other arm didnt hurt as bad around that area. But in my experience, one side is always more receptive to pain than the other too.

10. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    This thread has actually inspired me to start looking for another. Yay ink! :D

Pit of elbow - that must be so sensitive! Ouch.....

11. Someday I'll get up the nerve. I have two images I have always wanted that represent my children in interesting, personal ways..

12. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Cool :cool:- thats one problem with mine, it isn't particularly personal to me. My boyfriend is a really good artist and he's going to design one, so I'll have one that means something to me :)

Warning.... once you do it, you'll want more.... ;)

13. MAJOR METAL

So True , today will be # 6 within 17 months :help:

14. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Eh, its all one big tattoo that just hasnt gotten around to connecting everywhere I like to think hehe.

15. MAJOR METAL

16. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    /Passes you some saran wrap and Vitamin A&D ointment!

17. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
  18. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool MM, pics! All tats require the posting of pics!

19. MAJOR METAL

So i am finished and i hope to find someone with a digital camera that can get these pic up for me. The saran wrap is on for another hour and the A&D is ready to go. :)