1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gibson Non reverse Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dasgre0g, May 13, 2019.

1. Dasgre0g

Dasgre0g DasGre0g Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Any other players out there? I can't even remember if this particular instrument has had its own thread. If so it's been so long we should reignite one anyway. Really loving how mine non reverse sounds through my Ashdown rig. Took me awhile to figure out exactly how to really dial it in, but I've really been surprised at how efficient it is through so many different styles. Not to mention people don't automatically assume you play cock rock when they see it.
    20190315_184121.jpg 20190311_125303.jpg

joel406, Goatrope, bobyoung53 and 5 others like this.
  2. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I've been playing nonreverse Thunderbirds since '77, I have a pretty good collection of 60's birds and the 2013 offering. Love your bird, stop by the Thunderbird club and join the party! 20190331_031051.jpg

Dasgre0g likes this.
  3. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    I have one. Its a great player and doesn't get the stage time it deserves right now.
    [​IMG]

4. Dasgre0g

I love mine. Didn't think I would, but just has a lot of class to it without being too boring.

5. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Banned Supporting Member

No offense but I always thought they looked like a lefty that they changed their minds on half way through.

I love the Gibby T-Bird and hope to own one someday but probably not the non reverse
    Again no offense meant to you
    Maybe I just haven’t seen the right one?

Dasgre0g likes this.
  6. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Dasgre0g likes this.
  7. Dasgre0g

I think it is definitely an acquired taste!

B-Mac likes this.
  8. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Banned Supporting Member

Well, ya know I didn’t like Scotch too much the first time I tried it, but....
    So, just maybe...never know

Dasgre0g likes this.