1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gigrac 600

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by jackajesusfreak, Apr 14, 2010.

1. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    yes, and "meh."

the gigrac 1000 is better, but they all seem a bit under-powered for their rating.

2. Goodlawdy

Goodlawdy

Mar 27, 2008
    I'd get something else if I had it to do over. I've got the gigrac 1000 and for some reason, I always get a clipping distortion with it. I know how to run one too.

People with loud voices always distort through it. I've managed to keep the distortion down by backing off the mic when I sing. Most people tend to put their mouth right on the mic, which makes it worse.

I'm running mine with a pair of JBL JRX 115 250 watt 15's which are perfectly matched to a 500 watt side of this stereo amp.

I would like it otherwise. I can't figure it out.

3. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I had several (gig rack 600's) as rentals. We used them for speaking engagements, seminars and that type of stuff. They just weren't loud enough or had a flexible enough eq for music. Although I did use them for low volume rehearsals once in a while. However, they were reliable and did work great for what we used them for. I hated the case they were in. They seemed like a good idea at first but they proved to be difficult to use, the rounded off and smooth plastic case would slide around if you didn't put the supplied rubber mat down. Of course the rubber mats would always get lostl. You couldn't stack anything on them either because of the weird shape. We took them out of their original cases and mounted them in 4 space shallow rack units which worked much better.