Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GK 2000RB is Alive!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amorosomolto, Feb 9, 2004.

1. amorosomolto

amorosomolto

Sep 10, 2003
    Texas
    Hello all!

Well, as you may recall in my last post called "2000RB is Dying"
    my 2000RB was in fact dying.

After less than a month, I now have my GK back and I must say that it sounds great. I noticed less noise immediately and I was really able to start messing with the EQ. I stayed "flat" on the EQ for so long because noise issues, but that has been reduced.

The problems I had before seem to have dissapeared for now.
    It sounds great wth my Acme B4.

FYI, they replaced:

2 - RTR551
    2 - 2SC3502
    2 - Pot, 50KA

Does anybody out there know what these parts are, and what their function is for the 2000RB?

Again, Thank you Daniel Elliot for helping me. I really appreciate you taking the amp over for repairs.

Mike

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Glad to hear it. GK is not worth giving up on.

3. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Huzzah! :hyper:

Glad to hear that the old girl's still alive and pumpin'! :D

NOW will your entrails feel the power of a fully powered Acme Low B4. Prepare to SHAKE and QUAKE! :bassist:

Just remember to leave those tweet and mid attenuators on the back of the cab full up... so your Acme don't BAKE! ;)

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Good to hear your amp is working! It was probably the Acme that made it die on you... ;)

5. amorosomolto

amorosomolto

Sep 10, 2003
    Texas

Your joking right? Do you really thank that the ACME made the GK break? I can give the ACME all of what the GK has, but I wont. The Acme can take it thats for sure.

6. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Don't have a GK. That said, I wish to heartily thank Dan for his assistance in righting a boo-boo. Customer service will work wonders for ALL manufacturers!

7. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Yeah I was kidding about the Acme making your amp die! Sorry about that... :) How does the B4 sound with the GK? The low end of those speakers is outrageous.

8. amorosomolto

amorosomolto

Sep 10, 2003
    Texas
    That was funny. Well, Its Sounding real good. The Acme is really a great speaker cab.

For a while I wanted MORE from the Acmes and was thinking of getting more power amps and some B2's. Now I think that I am fine as far as low end is concerned. Ill just stay close to the cab during practice.

I think my Acme was purchased in 1996 so I may do a speaker change in about a year or two, if I need to. I will also take it down to 4 ohms.