1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

GK MB-210 Crackling Sound

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wallypip, Nov 14, 2017.

1. wallypip

wallypip

Apr 9, 2010
    My amp has started making an intermittent crackling sound usually when I hit the mid registers. Its not the speakers I don't think because it comes and goes. It sounds more like something electronic. It also started before a gig when I used my Tech 21 Sans amp to input an SVT-like tone. I didn't have the SVT level any higher than my usual tones but the distortion sounded really bad and when I switched back the crackling sound stuck around even when I bypassed the DI. Perhaps I damaged the amp input, but I don't see how.

Here's a video. It takes me a few seconds to find notes that will cause the crackling, but by the end, you can here it pretty strong. If anyone has any suggestions for troubleshooting, I will greatly appreciate it.

2. Sml175

Sml175

Nov 4, 2014
    NJ
    Mine does the same. Usually at lower levels. used only as a home practice amp, never gigged.

3. It sounds a bit like the speaker(s) to me. I had that happen to me in another brand cab and had to replace 1 speaker. It sounded exactly like that. I had my buddy play while I pushed on the front 5he speaker to find the issue. I spread my fingers out and pushed on the rubber surround gently to get it to stop. The top speaker in my 210 was the bad one.

If that helps any. Try it and see.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021