1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK MB212 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SJd2b, Jun 10, 2012.

1. SJd2b

SJd2b

Mar 26, 2012
    South Jersey
    I recently bought an Ibanez Sr505 which has passive electronics and an active EQ from everything I have read. Having the passive electronics still I should plug this into the Passive input instead of the Active input correct? I searched here and Google before posting this thread, I just don't want to ruin the amp.

2. btp

btp

Aug 30, 2009
    Lansing, Michigan
    You want the "active" input. But ruining the amp is not a realistic possibility, so relax and try both. I used the same bass (sr505) into a similar amp; worst case scenario is you get a little more distortion/overload/clipping on the input. Really. No worries.

3. SJd2b

SJd2b

Mar 26, 2012
    South Jersey
    It's louder in the Passive input as well. Slightly quieter in the Active input. Actually its so much louder in the Passive input I might still keep it there.