Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

glassjaw effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, May 2, 2005.

1. does neone know what pedals/ preamps/ effects the guy from glassjaw uses?

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Nope, but I usually run my Eden Navigator with a high threshold hard compression and a Sansamp RBI for a lot of distortion after that.

3. bump

4. I don't know, and don't know where to begin...GlassJAw's had something like 8 bassists over the years. I think the other guys would yell at him if he used anything more than a Muff of something. :smug:

5. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    In an interview with Dave Allen in BP, he said he used a Muff and an OC-2, I think.

6. which issue?

7. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    November 2002. It's the synth bass issue with Tony Kanal on the cover.

And I quote...
    "Onstage Allen's P-Bass runs through a pedalboard that includes Electro-Harmonix Big Muff π, Boss OC-2 Octave, and Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI pedals."

8. Does it explain what his whole rig is? If so, could u let me know? -Thanxs man

9. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    P-Bass (strung with DR Hi-Beams) >> pedalboard >> Ampeg SVT-2PRO >> Ampeg SVT-810e.

That's what the magazine says, anyway.

:bassist:

10. DaxT1138

DaxT1138

Dec 21, 2006
    dave allen used ampegs mostly, and p bass specials (i'm pretty sure that red p bass special is actually justin beck's) with big muffs. always 810s and differing SVT heads, but always ampeg.

these days, manny carrero of saves the day is playing bass for glassjaw again, after like 5 years of not being in the band. he's running a p bass plus from the early 90's in natural, and that old red p bass special (either a hot rodded p bass special or a california special) that everyone who ever played bass in the band has used into an SVT-4Pro and an 810 with a big muff. of course he puts the nacio de equito over the 810 for some zazz.

i've seen ancient videos of other guys in the band (even beck when he was playing bass) with stingrays. (i think manny used to have one) the only thing they've never seemed to have used is 5ers. keep in mind there's been like 24 members in the band

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Thanks for the round up. Much respect for glassjaw.

12. DaxT1138

DaxT1138

Dec 21, 2006
    fo sho'! dude i really hope they follow through with all this "new album in '07" talk beck and daryl have been doing. the new stuff is amazing. i don't miss the second guitar at all

13. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I know for a fact that Manny uses a 91 or '92 Fender Precision Bass Plus with Barts with SS DR Highbeams. That goes into an SVT II with all the EQ sliders dimed and the bass and mid knobs all the way up, treble know is at about 1/4. On Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence he recorded with a rat into a Ampeg Portaflex mixed with a clean DI. He now uses a Fulltone Bass Drive. In the past hes used: a Virtual Sound Route 66, a Full Drive 2, and Zoom 506II Bass pedals.

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    There's bass wah all over Worship and Tribute. Come on people, we need products!