Glenn fricker

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Morleywah, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Morleywah

Morleywah

Aug 3, 2020
    I have seen a lot of bass players complain about him. I personally think it's hilarious. I have decided to put up this thread to ask for other people's opinions on him

byoung93888 likes this.
  2. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    His favorite bass player is Ian Hill of Judas Priest.

3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    If you can’t laugh at yourself, you probably aren’t entitled to laugh at anyone else.

byoung93888 likes this.
  4. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Albany NY
    Ewwww. I just looked him up.

5. Liko

Liko

Mar 30, 2007
    DFW Metro
    He's very highly opinionated, I definitely can't take him in large doses and I don't follow him. He got some notoriety a couple years back for his thorough trashing of the Line 6 Spider series combos, notably by Henning Pauly aka EytschPi42, whom I do follow, leading to a minor feud and the "Glenn Is Wrong" mini-meme:

[​IMG]

Those two kissed and made up, and Henning reviewed a couple of his pedals and collaborated with him on a review of the Keeley Filaments.

I'm aware of Glenn's public opinion of bass players, but honestly he despises just about anyone on the other side of the glass in his recording studio, especially if they try to make him do actual work. That's one of the reasons I don't follow him, he's not a very good musician, so like film and food critics I take what he says with a hefty dose of "I'd like to see you do better".

If you can't take getting ribbed constantly by everyone else in the music biz, or at least dish it out at an equal rate, then being in the music biz isn't for you.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  6. Bob E

Bob E

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    I've seen a few of his videos. He is too angry and negative for me to be a regular viewer. That crap is contagious.

7. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I love him & agree with him most of the time. He's kind of like Henry Rollins, he's not afraid to speak the truth, even if it hurts!

8. Samatza

Samatza

Apr 15, 2019
    Australia
    I think a lot of his bass player comments are tongue in cheek. I suppose he gets all types but at the end of the day he does acknowledge good players.

A little too animated for my taste so I’m not a regular viewer but I suspect that’s just his on camera persona.

HaphAsSard likes this.