Going in to try a Stringray4 today.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Any pointers on things I should look out for on this specific bass?
  2. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    There really isn't anything in particular to look for as far as issues, etc. Every Stingray I've played has been close to perfect (for me), minus an action adjustment or trussrod tweak.

I have a 3-band that is my main bass and after playing my jazz bass for a while and picking it up again, it just makes me smile, especially when I record with it.

I'm a die hard Stingray guy, so I'm biased. You honestly can't go wrong with these basses. Even if you mail order, you are almost certain to have a perfect playing bass right out of the box.

Are you going to buy new or used?

3. I have to agree. Ive owned a handful of Rays, and Sterlings and they are great very consistent basses.

Let us know how it goes.
  4. tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    Make sure you get the color you want. That could be the only possible mistake you could make with a StingRay.

5. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    yeah, other than the usual physical checks (cracks, dents, smooth and functional pots, etc.), there's not too much to worry about. i just bought one yesterday, played it at a jam last night - happy happy joy joy :bassist: they are wonderful basses and sound excellent. just make sure you have the right color because you'll probably have it for awhile :)
  6. I have to agree.

My Cirrus has been getting the lion's share of playing time for the last six months, but everytime I open my Stingray's case I feel like a kid with a new toy. It's such a pleasure to look at, to play and to hear.

That tone never disappoints. :cool:

Mike ;)