Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good current bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Dec 13, 2004.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hello all i need your help badly! I am in a band that generally plays jazz funk rock jam band stuff. But we decided to start doing somthing that will pay in this area. So we decided to just put a good rock band together and get alot more paying gigs. But this is the problem, i generally listen to stuff like deep banana blackout , John scoffield , well you get the idea. I need some ideas for current rock songs that has good basslines! Seems most of the stuff i listen to on the radio is soooo boring. So i need current popular songs that the young crowd will like but only tunes that wont bore us to death. More up-beat rock songs would help!

Thanks from a old fart i guess!lol :help:

2. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    I'm not too up to date either, but some good recent lines are: hella good (and many others) from No Doubt, this love from Maroon5, many Jamiroquai songs, almost anything from Robbie Williams like: feel, let me entertain you, something beautiful, etc.

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yes those songs would work great but i will tell ya more about this thing. There is a club here in town called the green room and has great gigging night almost every night! The thing is its a younger crowd that r into coloring there hair,and piercings. One of them told me to do a song from a band called cky. So i searched it and they r a heavy rock band. so i say like medium heavy no back ground growlers type of band!lol Do you guys think older stp might work? i enjoy his playing because atleast he can be a challenge! Trust me i would rather play the stuff you mentioned because i know i can round up some good players there! Id love to cover a couple dave mathews songs.