Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good drum loop software

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Trevorus, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I need some drum software. Something with good sounds. Something beyond the cheap midi sounds. I am doing some home studio stuff, and I don't have the money for electronic drums. Something that mixes well with acid pro, or can export to wav files would be nice. Anyone know of any?

2. Lewk

Lewk

Oct 19, 2003
    Fruityloops? I use an old version of this for basic drum stuff, cos it's easy to program and the sounds are decent enough.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    do the bumpty bump mibbidy bumpity boopity bumpalicious.

4. FruityLoops is (IMHO) definitely the best one to go for. It's easy to program, you can include your own samples if you don't like the packaged drum sounds and it has a great deal of flexibility over editing and processing sounds. It *does* export loops to wav files, either mixing down the whole loop or each component track individually. It's cheap and it comes with lifetime free updates.

Can't beat that really.

5. I downloaded PCDrummer last week and was really impressed with it. I ran across this thread that suggested Fruityloops, so I downloaded the demo to give it a try too. After about ten minutes with the Fruityloops, I found it very cumbersome to use. The PCDrummer was much more user friendly for me and could easily get the sounds I was looking for, sometimes within only a minute of effort.

6. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    I'm using Cakewalk Plasma which can be picked up for $20 or so, and some CD's of real drum loops off of eBay. Plasma is really easy to use and will export to wav.