1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good first multi-effect pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Alexander, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Hey everyone,
    I am looking to get a multi-effect pedal, and I have no idea what to get. I would like it to have at least a wah pedal, overdrive/fuzz/whatever you want to call it, chorus, maybe a fretless simulator, and stuff like that. I would not like to spend much more than $150. Thanks. :bassist:

2. Hey Cool another G-3 player from Texas! :hyper:
    You'll catch some flack here about multiefx units :bag: but IMO they have their place and usefulness. Digitech and Zoom both offer quite nice multiefx units for bass in your price range and I suggest you get one with a controller pedal built in for volume, wah and other real time control. Digitech offers both the BP80 ($100) and BP200 ($150) with metal cases and lots of excellent sounds and special features. I personally use either a Zoom 607 or an old Digitech BP-8, depending on which size I want to carry. A lot of players don't like the idea of a plastic pedal but I've had no problems and can get the sounds I want to get. When you get one bag the factory presets and start with simple patches and build and edit your sound up from there. :)

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I think I'd go with the Zoom, because it's the cheapest, and then, if I decided I liked Multi-fx, then I'd save up for a nice one like the Boss ME-50B or GT-6B, or whatever new thing comes out by then.
    OR......I'd look for a used Bass Pod on ebay :)

5. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    someone was selling the Zoom 607 on here the other day for $40 - he sold it though.

I'd almost tell you to see if you can find a used Boss ME-8B - heard pretty good things about it...$100 used if you can find it...

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm really like'n my DigiTech BP-200. It's got all sorts of crazy effects. It will most likely satisfy you.

8. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston