Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good first multi-effect pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Alexander, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Hey everyone,
    I am looking to get a multi-effect pedal, and I have no idea what to get. I would like it to have at least a wah pedal, overdrive/fuzz/whatever you want to call it, chorus, maybe a fretless simulator, and stuff like that. I would not like to spend much more than $150. Thanks. :bassist:

2. Hey Cool another G-3 player from Texas! :hyper:
    You'll catch some flack here about multiefx units :bag: but IMO they have their place and usefulness. Digitech and Zoom both offer quite nice multiefx units for bass in your price range and I suggest you get one with a controller pedal built in for volume, wah and other real time control. Digitech offers both the BP80 ($100) and BP200 ($150) with metal cases and lots of excellent sounds and special features. I personally use either a Zoom 607 or an old Digitech BP-8, depending on which size I want to carry. A lot of players don't like the idea of a plastic pedal but I've had no problems and can get the sounds I want to get. When you get one bag the factory presets and start with simple patches and build and edit your sound up from there. :)

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I think I'd go with the Zoom, because it's the cheapest, and then, if I decided I liked Multi-fx, then I'd save up for a nice one like the Boss ME-50B or GT-6B, or whatever new thing comes out by then.
    OR......I'd look for a used Bass Pod on ebay :)

5. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    someone was selling the Zoom 607 on here the other day for $40 - he sold it though.

I'd almost tell you to see if you can find a used Boss ME-8B - heard pretty good things about it...$100 used if you can find it...

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm really like'n my DigiTech BP-200. It's got all sorts of crazy effects. It will most likely satisfy you.

8. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston