1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good loop pedal recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JordyLegend, Oct 3, 2013.

1. JordyLegend

JordyLegend

Feb 24, 2013
    So I'd like to buy I loop pedal but don't really know my options well. It's can be costly money is not a issue I'm really just looking for quality thank you!

2. JordyLegend

JordyLegend

Feb 24, 2013
    Bump

3. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Do you mean like a looper pedal that loops what you play or a bypass loop? If it's the first option the ditto looper by TC electronics is pretty awesome. Simple and to the point. With up to five min of loop time and you can have up to two layers of overdub. I think it's two. There are quite a few out there. I've heard the boss loop stations are pretty boss...... Hehe....... I also have a hardwire DL8. It's a delay and a looper in one.

If you meant a bypass looper, there's tons of those. I use a 6 channel bypass looper by pedal racks. That's the only one I've used though. It works great for me.

4. JordyLegend

JordyLegend

Feb 24, 2013
    Ya the first one man and thank you!

5. Well, maybe I'm waaaaay off but from what I've seen for looping purposes the Line 6 DL4 seems to be a favorite. However, it is definitely expensive for its additional features and bulky.

6. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If/when I need a looper I'm going straight for the TCE Ditto. Simple and compact.

7. JordyLegend

JordyLegend

Feb 24, 2013
    Thanks for the suggestions guys I do appreciate it!

8. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I want an easy to use looper with multiple loops. I need external storage, so I can record and set up loops for verse/chorus/bridge at home, and then recall them as parts of songs at the gig. I'm looking at the boss RC-50, and also thinking about a software solution like Ableton. Anybody with experience here?

9. yeah, the DITTO works great.

10. I think they're coming out with an updated version of the Ditto soon if you don't mind waiting a bit.

11. I've seen a solo artist use the small compact Boss RC for drum playback. I'm sure he loaded the pedal with digital music files via DAW. The new TCE ditto x2 may have the same capabilities and it has the same features as the line 6 DL-4. I'm interested in live sound looping so I'm going to wait for the Ditto x2 because my first looper was a DL-4 and am most comfortable with it.