Got My Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chiba, May 13, 2005.

1. Chiba

Mar 11, 2005
    Well, I took the plunge and decided to stop borrowing Hartke gear from my friends. I found a nice (used) WT-500 and picked it up today.

Great sound, can't wait to unleash it on my (100W half stack-toting) guitar players.

Anybody know where I can get a set of rack ears for it?

2. Nice score!

Rack ears are available from Eden customer service or occasionally someone will have a set they don't want or need that you can buy used. Check on the gear for sale forums and post a wanted ad.

What speakers are you going to use? The older WT500s had 250 W per chan @4 ohms and could only be bridged into 8. So you can run one 8 ohm speaker in bridged mode to get the 500 watts or single channel into two cabs each at 4 ohms. But you can't run one 4 ohm speaker with the amp in bridged mode. Just a warning, I'd hate to see you blow up your new baby.
  3. Chiba

Mar 11, 2005
    I'll probably be going with Avatar. A guy whose ears (and opinion) I trust is telling me that '12s are the new 10s' and that I should be checking them out; I figure either way, Avatar has cabs I can use - I can either go with 2x4 ohm cabs or 1x8 ohm cab!

4. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    My new WT-550 should be here Wednesday. I'm going to use it with my Bergantino HT112 cab.

5. You will LOVE that amp. For a number of years, I used a 400+ (the upgrade to the original 300 watt model) that had the same front end as yours will have. Very musical and one of the most versatile heads I've owned. It sounds good with many different cabs, and is good for sizzly slap or punchy fingerstyle with a slight adjustment to the enhance control.

Have fun with it! :hyper: