1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Greco RB700 RIC Copy Basses Info Request (Lefty)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gravesbass, Jul 29, 2017.

1. gravesbass

gravesbass Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Endorsing Artist: DarkglassElectronics-MesaBoogie-SpectorBass-Dunlop-EMG Pickups-Hipshot
    Hello TB'rs:

Does anyone know or have links to any info on these 4001 Made in Japan clones from 1977? I recently acquired one in left handed with checkered binding and I can't find another in existence. I found a v63 in lefty but that was it. I just finished cleaning, conditioning and setting this guy up. It plays pretty damn good I must say and does sound like a RIC.

Any insight to these hardware, build quality, etc. would be appreciated. Are these worth anything on the collector market?

Thanks in Advance!!
    JP

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      45 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      29.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    Sweet find, congrats on your new bass. I don't know too much about the MIJ Rickenfackers (other than I want one!), other than they are a rare beast.

Value-wise, unfortunately, not only is it a limited market for these basses, there are limited outlets where you may be able to advertise it for sale (if you so wished), due to the litigious nature of RIC in protecting their copyright.

It looks like a keeper to me anyway. ;)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021