Greenboy fEARful 15/6/1 True Crossover Help?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by EMoneySC2, Apr 19, 2019.

1. EMoneySC2

EMoneySC2 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    So I've got two fEARful 15/6/1's in progress, and I've run into an electronics/wiring issue. I got pre-made true crossover boards from SpeakerHardware, and I've got them mounted and totally wired up. If I plug-in to my power amp, the sub and tweeter are working ... but no mids!

If I hold my soldering iron close to any of the inductors on the mid crossover board the mid speaker emits some static sounds, but that's all I can get.

Does anybody have any troubleshooting tips?

-E$

2. I wonder if you hooked up the mids to the tweeter outputs.

3. EMoneySC2

Aug 25, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    UPDATE: For whatever reason, reversing the polarity on the Mid connection made everything work!

All done now :)

MVIMG_20190419_184311.jpg

Jim Carr, eriky4003 and wave rider like this.
  4. I would imagine that resoldering had more to do with it than reversing it.
    Glad it worked.
    Great looking cabs!

agedhorse and Downunderwonder like this.
  5. barking_spider

barking_spider

Oct 7, 2018
    I dig that black/lime color scheme!

EMoneySC2 likes this.
  6. Paul Robinson

Paul Robinson

Apr 9, 2018
    Gorgeous cabs! I'm working up a pair myself, and curious about the wiring. Do you have a schematic you worked from? I suppose it's pretty straight forward, but I'm anxious to not mess up.

7. Paul Robinson

Paul Robinson

Apr 9, 2018
    Oh, I should mention: I'm omitting the tweeter, just woofer and mids, got the CBG crossover from Speaker Hardware.

8. EMoneySC2

Aug 25, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN

That would help with putting together the actual boards, if you need that.

For help wiring them together, someone else here may have the diagram(s) on hand - I don’t know where the ones I used ended up.

9. EMoneySC2

Aug 25, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Leland at Speaker Hardware could help, too, I’d imagine. He was helpful to me when I was making mine. There’s a Greenboy thread on TB with plenty of knowledgeable folks, too.

10. Paul Robinson

Paul Robinson

Apr 9, 2018
    Thanks! I think I found what I need, but I just tend to be (overly) cautious.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021