Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Greengrove?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fast slapper, Sep 27, 2005.

1. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Has anybody heard of these guys?

They've been making the preamps for Celinder for years.
    There are a couple of videos that have the amp being played at www.celinder.com/#home

www.greengrove.dk

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Wow, I had no idea that they made this amp as well. It looks incredible. The inside of the amp is made with very high quality parts. It is however a 450watt amp so it's not made to be played super loud. I'm not sure you'll get too many people with experience with the amp. I'd love to hear about it myself though. It looks to me like a Glockenklang Soul Top with a tube preamp section. I love the footswitch, very cool.

3. The Greengrove preamp is great. I have one in my Celinder Update 5 and it's wonderful. The amp looks cool, but no US distributor at the moment.

4. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I'm guessing that with a $3,150.00 price tag this might be the highest quality bassamp made to date.

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Nah, that PJ 600 watt tube head bests it by a long shot at $10000.

6. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Forgot about that one!!!

Highest quality practical bassamp. ;)

7. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Just a bump to see if anyone has played one of these and how it sounds. they do look amazing...

8. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    It's really a beautiful looking amp. I know if I paid $3150 for it, it would just have to sound good.

... but what if you bought it, A/B 'd it with your Line 6 Lowdown 300 Pro, and found you liked the Line 6 better ...

... even worse ... let's say you also A / B'd your Sadowsky NYC and your Variax 700 through these, and decided for both that you liked your Variax 700 more ...

Would you admit that you had made a mistake? :oops:

Would you keep it a secret, and put both up for sale before everyone else finds out? :(

Would you find other reasons to like it? :rollno:

... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :help:

9. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    :D :D

Thats why i'm trying to find someone else... i have no hope in hell affording that. just curious