1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Greetings from East Tennessee

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by fuelish, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Been wanting to cross over to the darkside and pick up a bass to add to my guitar stable, finally bit the bullet with some birthday money - figured a short scale would be an easier transition, went with a bronco, which arrived yesterday, and, amazingly enough after everything I've read about the stock pup, it doesn't sound bad at all, and it plays right nice, really. Been browsing the site, and hope I can soon enough learn to think like a bassist, as it's different when you think like a guitarist, which am sure many many of yas probably already know.
    Glad to become a member here, see yas around. Oh, the interesting part of the purchase is that the online dealer actually sent me 2 Broncos and doesn't know it, apparently....LOL...if I end up being immoral and just keeping the second one, I can leave one pretty much as is and mod the other willy nilly....time will tell

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. We play harmony until asked to take a lead break. When you stromed the chord on guitar you now play the notes of that same chord one note at a time to the beat pattern of the kick drum. So play chord tone notes with the groove pattern.

How? Check out www.studybass.com

Have fun.

3. I realize that .... it's just so "different" feeling, guess it'll feel more natural when I get used to pluckin' with my fingers and the different string spacing...have to ignore the guits for a while :)

4. Fuelish, welcome! You should have this bass thing down in no time with your experience. Geezer Butler started out as a guitar player and many consider him to be master of that bass! Well maybe just me LOL!

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!