Greetings from Malta, Europe :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Punch n' rumble, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Hi everyone!

My name is David, I'm 26 and have been playing the bass guitar for 10 years. I've played in a few bands but at the moment I'm playing for myself.

I listen to all kinds of music from Classical music to extreme Metal. I consider myself open-minded, I guess. :D

Oh, as for my gear... At the moment, I'm using a Warwick Thumb 4-string and a Trace-Elliot 1215 amplifier.

I guess that's all for now. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing bass knowledge with you all! :bassist:
  2. Alex E

Alex E

Mar 2, 2006
    Nice to meet you. All the way from Malta, eh? Wow, that is something! How's life on the island? This is a nice website. I guess we'll both be learning new stuff about improving our playing. Take Care, -- Alex E from El Paso, TX
  3. Hi Alex!
    Nice to meet you. Life is fine here, thanks. We're overpopulated but I guess as far as crime is concerned, it's low.
    How is life in El Paso? It must be nice n' hot in Summer huh? Same as here. Maybe too hot sometimes. :D Right now I'm missing Summer because it's still cold.
    Take care, Alex!
    Best regards,
  4. Alex E

Alex E

Mar 2, 2006
    Hi Dave,

Yeah, good observation about the weather here in the summer. We are a high desert (4,000 ft) but it still gets to 100 degrees farenheit with uncomfortable regularity.

I would not have guessed that Malta gets so hot. I thought the ocean would moderate the weather. I'll bet it's still very beautiful.
    Have a dumb question for you. What is the native language there? Is it Maltese and if so, is that similar to Italian? Ah, I'll bet the food is great, too!

Anyway, happy bass playing and take care!