1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Greetings from Tahoebasscat

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Tahoebasscat, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Tahoebasscat

Tahoebasscat

Apr 15, 2006
    Hello enthusiasts!
    I have been a local bassist here in South Lake Tahoe, CA and also the Reno NV area since 1973. I play 5 string bass guitar, and also acoustic and electric upright bass.(I also sing lead and harmony) My influences are rock, jazz, funk, r&b and whatever else is fun and interesting to play. I am a self taught, and what I call, a "home grown" bassist. My experience playing live is embarassingly enormous! I currently play full time with The Steve Walker Band. We are the house band on the Tahoe Queen,a public 500 passenger cruise boat on Lake Tahoe. (stern wheeler) I am a tone freak, and also, my first love as a bassist is the groove. I think that anyone who is strongly interested and talented can play bass pretty well in just a few years. You will spend the next 25 years learning what not to play! My 40 year fascination with playing bass lies in the constant evolution, and refinement in every regaurd of the music I am playing. I hate it when I'm not playing much. I enjoy talking shop" with my bro bassists. My passion for playing is my greatest treasure," 2nd" only to my spirituality, and my family, and friends,and Living in the Sierras. Bass 'been very very good to me!