SOLD Gretsch Electromatic G2202 - TV Jones pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Corbin, May 11, 2019.

1. Corbin

Corbin

Mar 1, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    Price:
    Strings:
    Here is the sought-after single-pickup (TV Jones) version of the short scale bass from Gretsch, the kind Royal Blood used to use, I believe. Plays and sounds amazing. Moderate wear, about two years old.

I gigged with it once, but I just can't get used to the short scale. I guess I'm a Fender man for life, so someone should put this baby to good use. Strung with GHS flats. Comes with gig bag shown. Price includes CONUS shipping. There is a round dent on the upper bout, seems to have happened at the factory, as the paint is still smooth. Not noticeable until you get up close. I had it covered with a mermaid sticker.

The sound is strong low fundamental with the tone cut by more than half. Opening up the tone knob boosts upper frequencies and, somehow, volume.

Here is a demo of this model:

IMG_7523.JPG IMG_7527.JPG IMG_7529.JPG IMG_7530.JPG IMG_7525.JPG IMG_7523.JPG IMG_7527.JPG

staurosjohn and 40Hz like this.
  2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Nice! This is the model you want folks. Awesome little bass with a whole lotta sound. GLWS :thumbsup:

Corbin likes this.
  3. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    @Corbin: I’ve been trying to research a few specs- can’t seem to find on this (older) model... can you tell me the nut width? Presuming it’s 1.5- but want to be sure it’s not wider (looks a bit wider in the pic). Have you experienced any neck dive & any idea of weight? Thx!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  4. Corbin

Corbin

Mar 1, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hi, Staurosjohn. Nut width is 1 5/8". Neck dive is slight but it's there if you take both hands off it. I'll try to measure the weight later. I'm used to my P and my J, so it feels like a feather. Actually it feels like a Les Paul. The light weight is the big reason I bought it, for longer gigs. It can't be over 7.5 or 8 lbs but I'll check when I get the chance.

staurosjohn likes this.
  5. johnnyCreep

johnnyCreep

Jul 25, 2012
    Chicago
    I'm glad this finally sold! These are great!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021