1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Guild Newark Street Starfire II w/case, exceptional condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ric426, Jun 9, 2017.

1. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Price:
    $875
    Strings:
    Guild Newark Street Starfire II, first production run, never left our smoke free controlled climate home. Virtually mint condition, only marks are single non-visible screw holes under the tuners from trying Hipshot Ultralite tuners and a small crack in the master volume knob.

Weight is a comfortable 8 lbs. 12 oz. and is well balanced. The stock strap buttons have been replaced with Dunlop strap lock buttons. The original strap buttons are included. The strap portion of the locks are not.

The stock bridge has been replaced with a custom bridge consisting of 4 individual Hipshot Solo bridge pieces mounted on a heavy brass plate. This gives individual adjustments for height and centering for each string, more range to set intonation and more clarity and consistency to the tone. The bridge is mounted using the stock bridge screws, so it didn't require any mods to the bass to mount it. The original bridge is included.

Guild did a great job replicating the original Bisonic pickups giving clear, solid, full range sound. Please note that these are single coil pickups, so there can be hum in certain conditions. There is a volume and tone control for each pickup, a pickup selector switch and a master volume control.

The slim short scale neck makes the bass a breeze to play and the semi-hollow body gives a nice touch of woodiness to the tone.

$925 $900 $875 shipped to continental US, No trades please. Only selling to raise funds for other needs.

SFII-BodyFront. SFII-FullFront. SFII-BodyBack. SFII-FullBack. SFII-Bridge. SFII-Label. SFII-PegheadFront. SFII-PegheadBack. SFII-Case. SFII-CaseOpen. SFII-InCase.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Happy Father's Day bass dads!
    Tell your kids that if they really love you, they'll buy you this beautiful bass!

3. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

Jul 10, 2013
    Man, I'd be all OVER this if I didn't already have one (a thin excuse, many around here will say).

Good deal!

4. jkumnick

jkumnick Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Southern Maine
    Is there a difference between the Newark St. instruments and other new Guild Starfires?

5. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Nope, all the new Guild basses are part of their Newark Street line. I think Newark Street designates the instruments made in Korea. The construction quality of the two Starfire basses I've had have been outstanding.

jkumnick likes this.
  6. blacktocomm

blacktocomm

Feb 19, 2013
    Maryland
    Wow. Whoever picks this up is getting a great deal on an even greater bass. My Starfire is an exceptional instrument. GLWTS

bludog likes this.
  7. nuts-n-bolts

nuts-n-bolts Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    What's the neck profile like? I had been looking for a rivoli for awhile, but I think this could be what the doctor ordered.

8. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Just replied to your PM about it, but for the sake of any others who might be interested:
    The nut width is 1.5" like a Jazz Bass, but that's where the similarity ends. It's got a rounder profile, but still is only 1 15/16" at the 12th fret, so it doesn't widen out as much and the string spacing is tighter, but not *really* tight like a Hofner bass. I find it really comfortable both with fingers or a pick.

My fingers aren't very long so I sometimes struggle with long scale basses, but the Starfire is super comfortable for both hands.

9. nuts-n-bolts

nuts-n-bolts Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    Payment sent

rllefebv likes this.
  10. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Methinks somebody got a great deal!!

-robert

11. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

Jul 10, 2013
    I'm amazed that this sat so long at this price. Enjoy!