1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

H4 to iTunes HELP!!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Humabass, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    I am computer challenged. I have managed to burn discs from my H4 using iTunes and they also ended up in my library. Now all of a sudden I can burn discs but iTunes won't play the songs unless the H4 is connected, seems to just be reading them off the card. It says " could not be used because original file can not be found". I try to find the file but nothing seems to work. I can't seem to import the data from the card in the H4 into iTunes, although somehow I did it before. I'm not sure but I think before when the H4 was connected it was shown under Devices in iTunes but doesn't now. I haven't yet installed the Cubase in my laptop. Would that help?

Thanks

2. Plug your H4 into the computer and select USB>connect to computer. COPY THE FILES to, say the desktop, and then drag them into itunes. Setup a playlist and burn your discs.

Took me a while to figure this our as well, so don't feel bad. I ran into the same 'file not found' thing.

FYI, on a mac, it doesn't require this extra step.