1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hadean U-Bass vs. Kala Wanderer Amped test

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stephencoxbass, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Kala Wanderer

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Hadean

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. stephencoxbass

stephencoxbass

Feb 9, 2010
    Atlanta
    For those interested in the most affordable Kala U-Bass vs. the cheapest Bass Ukulele I can find (Hadean). What are your thoughts on them?

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Not liking the Kala at all with the treble boosted.

Overall I prefer the sound of the Hadean.

3. The basic tone is more or less equivalent, with more (pleasant) treble on Hadean.
    With treble boosted, Kala sounds harsh.
    Mid-boost and bass-boost tones are equivalent.
    Slap sounds slightly better on Hadean but makes little sense on these basses.
    A comparison of intonation on high frets would be useful.
    Edit: Overall, Hadean would be my choice (subject to potential intonation issues).

4. Make a solid-body Hadean demo someday.

5. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    You’re the reviewer...you have both in hand...what’s YOUR opinion? Or are you just one of those guys who isn’t allowed to give your opinion because you have a non biased review endorsement deal? Bass player magazine used to critique instruments back in the day...then they started giving these reviews with no criticism in an apparent effort to build sales for the manufacturers. I prefer to hear the reviewer’s professional opinion.

mbelue likes this.
  6. stephencoxbass

stephencoxbass

Feb 9, 2010
    Atlanta
    I think both are very similar...both had fret issues I had to correct (truss rod adjustments), both do pretty well plugged in. However, neither is as good as the middle and upper end U-Basses. The quality control gets better with price...