1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Half-wounds

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by Jerose, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Hey Justin, I saw a video on the 'tube of you doing an advert for D'addario half-wound strings and I was wondering if you could elaborate on what you like/dislike about them. I was thinking of buying a set and putting them on a P-bass, but I wanted to hear what your experiences were with them. Any Beck/NiN/Robot tracks that you can remember using them on?

I'd like to get that middle ground where I can roll off the tone knob and get a motown-like beef or crank it and use a pick to get some sharper sounds. These seem like the strings to do it!

Thanks in advance, man! Keep on Grandmaster freakin'.

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    They're great! Buy a set! You have nothing to lose but $25, right? I've used them all over the place, can't recall with whom or what songs. Perhaps a bunch over the new Dido record.