Hanewinckel EUB4, Midi

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by boogiebass, Mar 30, 2005.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Pete Hanewinckel recently finished this one for me. It's strung with Spiro Weichs. Sounds very good. I'll post a review once I get a chance to gig with it.

Attached Files:

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A few more pics:

Attached Files:

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Last pic for now:

Attached Files:

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    wow... I like it! what kinda price was that.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, James. List was $4K. This is the first Pete has made, with the exception of a prototype 5 string he made for himself. The body is hollow and it has a bass bar under the top. Although I don't expect to take advantage anytime soon, it has midi capability and a very good RMC preamp Poly-Drive IV. The bridge is also by RMC and really works well with the preamp. Design is by Richard McClish. It has quite a good acoustic tone and I'm looking forward to putting it into service soon! ;)

6. Nice!! Pete has been talking about doing EUBs for years. I'm glad he's got them going. I still want to get one. Maybe I'll have him do me a 7. :D

- Dave

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Finally got a bag for this so it goes out on a gig just as soon as my blues/rock gigs settle down a bit and I get some more jazz work. I'm planning on a detailed review after it gets initiated! ;)

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    can't wait to read it! That thing looks killer!

9. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Nice. Does this thing rest on a tripod or does it use an endpin/bout system?

10. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    gorgeous!!!
    congrats...
    midi :eek:
    i would kill for midi on my eub right now,
    do you know what system he used?
    or is it custom?
    d

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I had it built to use the NSDesign stand.

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    MIDI capability is part of the RMC Poly-Drive IV. The system is designed by Richard McClish, as stated above, and that includes the bridge which, of course, uses piezos. I don't currently have a MIDI unit to implement the synth features but I have heard it demoed and it's pretty amazing. ;)

13. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    thanks, i'll be looking into that...
    triggering rythm section/percussion sections& phrases, pads, and string accompayment (using ableton live) via notes played on the eub is a dream of mine....
    enjoy the bass
    it's a beauty
    d

14. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks! Good luck with your quest. ;)