Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hanewinckel EUB4, Midi

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by boogiebass, Mar 30, 2005.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Pete Hanewinckel recently finished this one for me. It's strung with Spiro Weichs. Sounds very good. I'll post a review once I get a chance to gig with it.

Attached Files:

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A few more pics:

Attached Files:

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Last pic for now:

Attached Files:

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    wow... I like it! what kinda price was that.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, James. List was $4K. This is the first Pete has made, with the exception of a prototype 5 string he made for himself. The body is hollow and it has a bass bar under the top. Although I don't expect to take advantage anytime soon, it has midi capability and a very good RMC preamp Poly-Drive IV. The bridge is also by RMC and really works well with the preamp. Design is by Richard McClish. It has quite a good acoustic tone and I'm looking forward to putting it into service soon! ;)

6. Nice!! Pete has been talking about doing EUBs for years. I'm glad he's got them going. I still want to get one. Maybe I'll have him do me a 7. :D

- Dave

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Finally got a bag for this so it goes out on a gig just as soon as my blues/rock gigs settle down a bit and I get some more jazz work. I'm planning on a detailed review after it gets initiated! ;)

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    can't wait to read it! That thing looks killer!

9. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Nice. Does this thing rest on a tripod or does it use an endpin/bout system?

10. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    gorgeous!!!
    congrats...
    midi :eek:
    i would kill for midi on my eub right now,
    do you know what system he used?
    or is it custom?
    d

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I had it built to use the NSDesign stand.

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    MIDI capability is part of the RMC Poly-Drive IV. The system is designed by Richard McClish, as stated above, and that includes the bridge which, of course, uses piezos. I don't currently have a MIDI unit to implement the synth features but I have heard it demoed and it's pretty amazing. ;)

13. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    thanks, i'll be looking into that...
    triggering rythm section/percussion sections& phrases, pads, and string accompayment (using ableton live) via notes played on the eub is a dream of mine....
    enjoy the bass
    it's a beauty
    d

14. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks! Good luck with your quest. ;)