1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HAO Rustride

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Saetia, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    So I've been rather intersted in this pedal for awhile and really haven't found much about it.

Seems quite promissing.

Does anyone have any sound clips they could post?

Thanks

Peace
    -Benny

2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    I'd stay away unless you run two amps...or have a blender of some sort because the pedal robs low end like no other.

Pretty weird for a bass specific pedal. However it has a great gritty midrange pick distortion.

I use mine only on high notes (above 12th fret D and G strings) because of the lowend loss.

3. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    I pretty much purchased a loooper because of this pedal. It is pretty amazing with the loooper but everything that you'd find in a search about the low end drop is true with this pedal. Too bad there isn't a blend knob on the pedal. Great pedal btw!

4. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I was rather worried about the low end loss. The site depicts it doesn't have that problem but I was skeptical because that seems the general problem with pedals of this nature.

Right now I'm running a '97 Warwick Corvette Standard through an Ampeg SVP-BSP into a QSC RMX 1850HD into an Eden D-410T (Soon to be Bergie NV610!!!!)

I have an old Peavy Basic 60 combo (1 12" @ 60 watts) that I could run in conjunction with my cab for the overdrive. (I don't like the overdrive channel on the BSP). Do you think since the low end is harshed with the pedal that the 60 would keep up in a live setting only running the more mid-rangy overdriven tone? I mean it takes less effort to produce the higher notes anyway so do you think it would suffice?

Thanks

Peace
    -Benny

5. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    I run a Rust Ride, maybe I don't have that great of ears, but I don't really hear the "low end suck". I used to use the SVP-BSP and I prefer the Rust Ride to the OD I was getting from the BSP. But hey, that's me.