Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke Cab Help.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Robbi, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Hello All.

I would first like to thank and commend everyone for the help they have provided me in the past, beit to their knowledge or not.

Here's my problem now.

I have a Hartke 2X10 not yet a year old, that is begining to give some undesired "rattle" (I guess you could cal it). It's almost like a distorting sound. I think it's coming from a speaker itself. You can't really hear it in high volumes, but it's unuseable in recording situations because of the noise. Does any one have any ideas on what it may be, or how it can be repaired? before I take to my own fixit methods, and spray the whole thing down with PAM.

Thanx.

Robbi

2. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    ??? maybe its the grill or the speaker is a little loose from the cab. This happend to me once.

3. Danksalot

Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    I had one of the little domes covering the hole in the middle of the speaker come unglued on one edge on my Hartke cab. It was a very small problem ($5 for a pro fix) but it made lots of noise when it was like that. I'd first check the little domes in the middle of each speaker.

4. kmacleish

kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Another thing to check: Remove the grille and GENTLY and CAREFULLY press on the cones, enough to mave them back and forth just a bit. If you hear any sort of scraping noise, or almost any sound at all, something has gone awry with the voice coil and the driver needs to be reconed.

5. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    The vent tube fell out on my 410 BXL. I just glued it back on and viola! No more noise.