1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke HD500 2x10 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basss, Jan 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    This looks nice - a new 500 watt 35lb 2x10 combo coming from Hartke:

HD500-Angled_DoFI0f2-display.
    I like that it's only 12" deep - so much easier to carry a shallow cab.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  2. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon

Dec 27, 2016
    Trying to figure out if I'm going to wait for this or just buy the 210 HyDrive cabinet and a separate head. What do you think for price? The Fender equivalent is $600, the GK is $630, so presumably it'll be in that neighborhood. Hoping the sound is great.

EDIT: Street price reported to be $600. Hartke Grows HD Series With HD500 Bass Combo

3. brianmharrison

brianmharrison

Oct 11, 2007
    Atlanta
    If it were me I would go for the head and cab because you can adjust the configuration to fit your needs in the future

gsgbass and Obese Chess like this.
  4. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon

Dec 27, 2016
    And I could also buy the cabinet/head sooner. =) I do like the "simpleness" of a combo and it'd be cheaper, but not by much. Decisions, decisions.

5. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    One thing the GK and Fender have going for them is the extension cab output which could be huge for some people.

unbridled likes this.
  6. Wesley R

Wesley R Gold Supporting Member

I am also intrigued, yet probably not waiting until August.

7. Wesley R

Wesley R Gold Supporting Member

Changed my mind, I am waiting until August. In the mean time I am going to repair my dysfunctional amp and and get a pedal of some form.
    This decision is subject to change with out any regards towards inelegance or rational thought.

8. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Use same 500w Class D amp from KB 12/15 and pack with 210 driver.

9. Echovox

Echovox

May 8, 2009
    so that would mean it's really 250 watts with a 500 watt peak

10. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
  11. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    My introduction to Hartke was via a similar looking 210 combo (all aluminum cones) that incorporated the 3500 head. The original was a good bit bigger and heavier, but I fell in love with the sound!

Tuffyman likes this.
  12. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Zombie thread resurrection... prt_200x200_1345140649.

Has anyone heard news on these? All the press these received says they'll have an August 2017 release date.

13. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
  14. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Linnin likes this.
  15. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Ahhh... Actually that's for the KB15. I was looking for this one.

SamsonTech

16. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    Still curious about this combo. Has anyone tried one of these now that they've been out for a while?

17. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Old SS Peavey Lead Sleds and Peavey tube amps
    I tried one at the local Mon N Pop along with the TX600 and the Kickback 12. It does the typical Hartke smooth thumpy hi-fi thing and gets VERY loud. I can't envision a stage where it'd be lacking, and it would carry most of the small clubs I play without PA support. I liked all three of the Hartke heads and combos I tried. I could easily have brought one home instead of another Peavey.

The EQ on the TX and KBs took a little tweaking but once you know how everything worked they really sound nice. Seemed to have decent build quality. And very light.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    basss likes this.
  18. Iofflight

Iofflight Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2018
    I got the HD500 used for a steal. I also tried the Rumble 100/500 and GK 115 (not the 210 or 212) I think the build quality is better than the other two. Everything else with the features I wanted was getting into the $1000 range and I wasn't prepared to pay that at this time. I think the build quality is better than the Fender and GK as well. It's an excellent amp for the price.

Yahboy likes this.
  19. Mike151

Mike151 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Sherman Texas
    I'm looking for something more lightweight for small to medium size venues. Looking at the HD500 but I already have a hartke Kickback 2x10 and the 10's in the HD500 scare me away a bit. Do you think that design can provide enough bass low end to not have to run the bass through the PA?