Hartke Vs. SWR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MTLbass1212, Aug 5, 2009.

1. MTLbass1212

MTLbass1212

Aug 3, 2009
    So i got myself a nice little Swr WorkingPro 700 that i am currently using with a GK 2x10 and i really need a new cab. i was wondering if a Hartke hydrive 4x10 would work well and sound good with the WorkingPro or if i should get an SWR golight or goliath

2. I got an idea... and I am trying to do this now:

Using a Head ( of Redhead by SWR)
    connect another cabinet called "Big Ben"
    So I just got 2x10" + fast tweeter with a 1x18" Big Ben~

It's a way to go this. Share with you.

3. Bernie P.

Bernie P.

Jun 18, 2009
    I've always liked the Goliath cabs so that gets my vote.Never tried any from the go-light line.

4. RobbyB02

RobbyB02

Aug 5, 2009
    Those new Hydrive cabinets are amazing. I have heard them live and had to go to the nearest store to check them out. Next pay check, I'll have one...

5. I would highly reccomend getting an SWR workingpros 115. It will really complete the sound. Right now I run an SWR Workingman's 4004 amp with a GK backline 210 and a SWR Workingmans 115 and It sounds AMAZING!!!!:):):):hyper::)

6. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    The Goliath cabs are in a completely different league, in my opinion. Definitely go with one of those if you can.

7. I'd say the "hydrive" cabs are in a different league. I have the 4-10. Good enough for Hamm and Bailey, good enough for me... Don't doubt---try out!!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021