1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

have you ever played this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KOOSEE, Aug 31, 2008.

1. KOOSEE

KOOSEE

Jul 15, 2008
    southern CA
    after playing four-stringers for 2 1/2 years I'm looking for something with lower tone i suppose it justs suits my musical interests, so the obvious thing to do is to look at five stringers, so I have, and while searching I've found a bass that might just be the one but for the money I don't know if it has good quality or not.
    it just seems perfect for me.
    - five strings
    - love the looks
    - pretty light
    however I don't know how it sounds. being that the price is only $160 I'm pretty skeptical.

here's the bass:
    http://www.rondomusic.com/product832.html

so if you can give me any info about the sound that would be great.

by the way they are imported from china, taiwan, and korea if that helps any.:hyper:

thanks

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I haven't played them, but i've heard they're great for the price.

3. Most of the threads on here are about the SX basses from that same site. It doesn't seem that a lot of people have the Douglas basses compared to the SX's. If you do a search for Essex, you might find something about these as well.

4. mgriffith

mgriffith

Aug 8, 2008
    Not sure if this will be helpful or even valid, but I bought a Rondo P-Bass "clone" back in the wearlu 1980's. I really should have taken a deep breath and walked out of the store instead of letting my grandparents buy it for me.

It stunk. Tone was terrible and some of the frets in the middle of the neck were not set in right.

I never played it that much, and it was a waste of money.

Maybe Rondo has changed hands (several times?) over the decades, so again, my critique may be invalid.

Ibenez and Squier seem to offer good instruments for the prices.

5. zacbrain

zacbrain

Jul 21, 2008
    Dallas
    rondo sx basses are considered great values here.