Have you Heard This Slap Technique?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Lewis.558, Jul 23, 2009.

  1. Lewis.558


    Jul 3, 2009
    Hey everybody, I was searching for some slap lessons over youtube and found this:

    At 0:07 and 00:23 this guy does something that I never heard before. Does anyone know how’ s that technique/lick called?
  2. Audiophage


    Jan 9, 2005
    Not really a slap technique per say. At least, not one specific to slap and pop. They're just popping a trill.
  3. DerBass008


    Jul 3, 2009
    To me this sounds like a hammer-on or a thrill.
  4. LDonnie


    Aug 3, 2008
    At 0:07 a slide? At 0:23 he just hammers on and pulls off fast.
  5. sangsaratrip


    Jul 21, 2009
    He just popping the string while muting it at the same time
    nothin special there
  6. salcott

    salcott Supporting Member

    Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    The first one is slap'n'pop cliche #1; pluck the sus 4, trill minor/#9 to major third. Example: over an a chord, pluck D, trill C-C#. #2 is over G and is basically the same concept, except it's just a triplet Bb (m3/#9) to B (M3) leading to two 8th notes tonic and m7 (G-F).
  7. Lewis.558


    Jul 3, 2009
  8. DerBass008


    Jul 3, 2009

    You got me. That’s right, it’s a shake. First I thought that it was a thrill but then, don’t know why, it sounded me like a hammer on. About the DVD, I saw some samples and it looks like they know what they’re doing, showing great technique, sound and feel
  9. XisB


    Jul 28, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
  10. +a ton

    Looks like a sweet site!