1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

head ideas. found my sound.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Reptileroundabo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Reptileroundabo

Reptileroundabo Polka till you puke..

Jul 15, 2009
    Chardon, OH
    Plugged into my guitars vox night train head with my spector, and i LOVE the tone. My question is, does anyone have any ideas of a bass head that will give me similar tones? Orange terror maybe? Tough to find the sort of things im looking to try out here in cleveland, ohio...

2. LowG

LowG Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Why not buy a Vox Night Train if you liked it? You don't have to use a "bass" head. But if it was somewhat lacking deep lows try an eq in the effects loop. That's what I do with a guitar head I use for bass

3. And use a bass cab.

4. Reptileroundabo

Reptileroundabo Polka till you puke..

Jul 15, 2009
    Chardon, OH
    I already own plenty of bass and guitar cabs, and heads. Own the vox night train as well. No where near enough power for what i need it for. Vox does not have the DI features i require either.

5. LowG

LowG Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ah - need more power and a DI. Good question then, I'd also be curious what people say even though I'm already content with 50-100 watts. I have a feeling that lots of people will suggest pedals rather than amps. It would be interesting to see what higher powered bass amps are out there that really focus on the types of sound some of us are getting with 50-100 watt guitar amps (mid focused, little deep lows, great multidimensional overdrive).