1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

headless neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Assumer, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    Anyone know of a supplier who makes headless necks?

2. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
  3. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    What does it have to fit?

4. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    I can build a body but do not have the skills to build a neck.

5. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    Moses.

Or buy a standard neck with the truss rod nut at the heel and cut off the head. Status won't sell you their headless necks but they will sell you their headpiece which will screw flat on to a bit of headstock area about an inch past the nut. Less finicky than the ABM type headpiece which seems to fix the curvature of the neck shape at the nut end.

6. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
  7. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    I am looking into this option also. Thanks

8. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
  9. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Unfortunaetly no. But he's been great to contact with enquiries and the responses and construction details and examples give me confidence he knows what he's doing. In maybe 12 months I want him to build a neck for the ash Strat body I have (done all the calcs - it'll fit and work fine) to make a shortscale. It's low on my project list however as I have heaps of basses atm.

10. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    He responded to my e-mail quickly. Said it would be no problem. I now have to work out the specs and decide just what i want. It will probably after the first of the year. thanks again for the link

11. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Please let me know what you choose to have made and how it goes, I'd find it invaluable.