1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Headphone recommends

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Graeme Moss, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Graeme Moss

Graeme Moss

Sep 3, 2006
    Anyone recommend a good set of cordless headphones for practice?

2. Graeme Moss

Graeme Moss

Sep 3, 2006
    OK I'll try again. My Mrs is getting p****d off with my infernal racket. She needs peace from the bass and I need peace from her. I need a quality set of headphones that will enable me to play music/metranome and my bass through my amp. I may somtimes want to dance around the room to practice my cool stage moves so I need cordless, please don't take that last bit seriously this is mid-life crisis stuff.

Please my friends from over the pond help a limey in need. You've been good to me so far!!

I've researched the net and there's just so much out there, DJ, studio, TV etc. I'd guess studio are the best but can't find cordless studio phones.

3. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    Sennheiser HD-280. They sound great and aren't too pricey.

4. The HD-280's aren't cordless, but they are great 'phones.

As far as I'm concerned, the words "studio" and "cordless" don't go together.

Practice playing bass with normal phones and do your stage move practice unplugged so you reduce the risk of destroying something with that one, regrettable, exuberant leap.

5. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    cordless studio phones are a paradox, agreed. Which is it you want?

If you want a cordless set, expect a slight compromise, but not too bad. If you aren't all that much of a fidelity nut, then it won't bother you.

On the other side of things is the beyerdynamic dt770. Sounds awesome!

6. Graeme Moss

Graeme Moss

Sep 3, 2006
    oops, to late! Ended up going with Sennheisser but the RS130 cordless instead. I think your probably right. That's why i asked for advice because I couldn't really find a professional studio cordless set. Cordless important to me for practical reasons so i've had to take a bit of a dip in sound quality.

Thanks for comments

7. Graeme Moss

Graeme Moss

Sep 3, 2006
    These cordless really were crap. sent back and HD 280 pros ordered instead