Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hello new here and need help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dang, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Dang

Dang

Nov 8, 2004
    Very cool site...

I'm a lefty bass player, and I play a musicman stingray right now. I'm looking for a fender jazz bass (lefty), and having a horrible time. Really, I'm looking for anything to back up, or take over for my stingray. I tour with a band (www.7dfc.com) and I'm constantly breaking my E string so I need a good backup.

Hope someone out there has any ideas or can point me in the right direction

Cheers!

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    So what are you asking here? Does anyone have one to sell? Links to places to buy basses? Why not just get another Stingray for a backup?

3. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    There is a magazine called Vintage Guitar, it is larger in size than regular magazines,kinda newspaper size. I have seen an ad in there from a store that only has Left handed Guitars & Basses, I think it is called Southpaw Guitars. I think they are in Texas.

4. Dang

Dang

Nov 8, 2004
    Anything really. I've searched ebay, countless internet stores, blah blah blah.

I really am not into the stingray for what I'm doing right now. I bought it because it was the first lefty outside of an Ibanez soundgear 300 I found. I really really want a fender jazz bass.

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Might want to put a "Want to Buy" ad here at TB and keep checking the classifieds..

6. Are you breaking it because you play too agressively? Or are they just randomly snapping? If thats the case might want to make sure your technique is good and that there are no sharp parts on the saddle (if its breaking there) that could be causing it to break. If none of that is the case, like Mark said, put a wanted ad up in the classified forum and wait for replies.