1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hello out there

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by cat_s, Apr 21, 2006.

1. cat_s

cat_s

Apr 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I'm kind of new to the whole forum thing, so I'll probably do a lot of ignorant newbie stuff. Oh well. I found TalkBass while doing a Google search for a particular book on bass scales. How could I resist a site especially for bassists!:hyper:
    I started playing bass about 15 years ago. I've played kind of intermittently, partly because of recurring bouts with tendonitis and partly because of other stuff, but now that I've started playing again I feel like I've come home! :bassist:
    I like a lot of different kinds of music, from world fusion to progressive metal, as long as it has groove and (of course) tasty bass. Cello's good too. In fact, I'm trying to learn cello, inspired by a fantastic cellist named Kristen Miller, who does the most amazing world-fusion type stuff (I don't know what else to call music with cello and tabla).
    I'm looking forward to browsing the site and seing what other bassists have to say.

2. new_2_bass

new_2_bass

Apr 22, 2006
    you played metal? i have problems hearing the bass part in most songs, so can you give me some tips on how the bass part goes in metal?