1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by EMMA, May 10, 2006.

1. EMMA

EMMA

May 10, 2006
    Bristol, UK
    Hi Folks

My name's Emma and I live in the City of Bristol, UK.

I mostly play acoustic guitar but I also have an Eros Fender style Bass and a Kustom 40W amp along with an Epiphone Les Paul electric guitar coupled with a Roland 30W Cube amp.

I've been playing/learning my guitar for over 2 1/2 years and I play every day. I have lessons on a fortnightly basis.

I enjoy playing my bass guitar but being on the short side, I find it heavy when standing. I admire women bass players like Tina Weymouth who obviously have the knack of playing for a long while without suffering from back and leg aches like I do.

I guess I must be standing wrong or something. If anyone has a bit of advice about correct posture whilst playing, I'd be glad to read it.

Cheers

Emma

P.S The latest tune I'm having a go at is Tintern Abbey's Vacuum Cleaner. A Psychedelic rock tune from the 60's.

2. Mr Grady

Mr Grady

Feb 26, 2006
    Hi emma

im just down the road from you in amesbury, wilts.
    hope to see you around the forum.

phil.

3. G'day Emma, so are you ready for the Summer over in Bristol? I reside in Salisbury which is a Suburb of Adelaide in South Australia, Australia. You have me curious about Tintern Abbey and the song Vacuum Cleaner. Where did the band originate from and how long did they stick around for in the Sixties as I never heard of them before?

Sincerely,
    Guitar Warp:bassist: