Hellooo There - Glad to be here

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by chester2, Mar 21, 2014.

1. chester2

chester2

Mar 21, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Howdy there!

I found this forum, just from some searching around the internet. Looks like a good place to be for some good info and discussion around Bass.

I'm here in Canada - Ontario. Getting older (and like to think more experienced) as a musician.

I began with the electric guitar (yes 6 string) and played first in a rock band, then moved onto metal (was in a thrash metal band for a decade, and played guitar also in a Pantera tribute group on the side for 3 years).

Then got back together with some of the guys and since we already had a good guitarist (better than I - hehe), there was a bass kicking around and started playing it. Needless to say, I found my calling...
    I had always been a better rhythm guitarist than an up front leads man. And a knack for more solid playing. The bass just sort of molded to me. Have been a bass player since.
    Then we decided to form a Tool Tribute band, which once we formed and started sounding decent, did that for the next 6 years. Loved playing and mimicking Tool bass! Was really a fun time, until after we called it quits.

The next three years I actually moved onto and studied classical guitar. Even recorded a CD.

Then back onto Bass. And never stop learning. Playing in a band again. Mainly just for fun and having a blast.

Coming back to bass from classical actually taught me a lot. Have better control, and most of all... I always keep my fingernails long on my plucking hand. Having finger nails totally helps out a lot! Can really pluck those strings with better control and the sound I want.

Well, glad to be hear and reading some good tips and info. Hope to maybe provide some value myself.

Laters!
    :smug:

2. Welcome, look forward to your comments.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021