1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP! Adding an attack pot to an envelop filter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Satyr Day, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Satyr Day

Satyr Day

Aug 26, 2005
    I've heard that an attack control would be easy to add to my envelope filter, but "easy" didn't come along with instructions or details.

Can you all help me with this?

I have the DOD FX25 and wanna give this a go. My soldering iron is heating up. :hyper:

The schematic is attached.

Attached Files:

2. Satyr Day

Satyr Day

Aug 26, 2005
    Any ideas? I've researched and found a discussion of a different envelope filter. An attack pot can be added in series with a particular diode on that particular circuit, but I can't figure out how to translate that to my fx25.

BTW, here's a photo of the project:

IM000315.

3. Try adjusting the value of C11 - if that alters the attack then try dropping a pot just above it so you can adjust the amount of signal that reaches the cap. You might have to experiment to find the right values.

Before you ask more questions, it would be best if you first determined if altering C11 actually has the desired effect.

4. Oh yeah, that schematic is WAY too small to be practical. Try this one instead, and be aware that many people report that it's inaccurate.