Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help fixing an ampeg b2r

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Mar 1, 2006.

1. alright so as you could see in the picture (which i know its the best) some of the Eq knobs broke off of this head and i jsut wanted to know how much it would cost to get it fix/where to get it fix/if it would be pssoible for me to fix it? everything still works fine, all tahts wrong with it is the pegs broke off. you can even still slide the pegs with your nail but it would be better if i could just fix it. thanks
    [​IMG]

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    The EQ controls that broke off need to be replaced. You can't just replace the "knob". The "knob" is actually part of the control itself.

Parts are available through the Service Department, but they are probably a technician job to replace.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Do you have the pieces that broke off? If so, you could probably glue them back on with superglue if you're careful.

The ultimate fix is to replace them, as Jerrold wrote. I never felt compelled to use the graphic EQ on the SVT-350H head that I owned so I'd just bypass it...and enjoy the Ultramid control!!!