1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

help I.D. my bass anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by listerfiend3, Aug 29, 2007.

1. listerfiend3

listerfiend3

Aug 29, 2007
    i recently was given a bass that was found in an apartment that my friend was cleaning. the tenents left all kinds of things and he thought i would want it. The problem is now i want to know who makes it. I've reserched in books i have here and tried looking online to i.d. it, but no luck. Its a very basic 4 string bass. single pick-up and only has volume and tone knobs. the only marks i find on it is on the headstock which comes to a symetrical point and has a stylized "v" on it. It has 20 frets and the general look of it is "strat" style, with an oversized white plastic pick guard.sorry i have no pics of it, i will try to ad some later. any help would be apprieciated. My guess is that its some kind of mass produced "junk" but the neck is strait and the action is good with "ok" sound. thank for any help!!

2. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Vantage?

3. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    I think its a "vector" which was a cheaper import line in the 80s probably korean made.

4. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Does the V look like this?[​IMG]

5. I love these types of threads. =D

6. listerfiend3

listerfiend3

Aug 29, 2007
    thanks for the help, its a vantage bass, now i can find out the model. thanks again for help especially celinder motoman tnx