Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help Identifying a Song please

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Jan 11, 2006.

1. I downloaded a song years ago, like back in middle school. I forgot about it until just now. I was cleaning out my old stuff that I don't listen to anymore and came upon this song entitled "A Day in the Life". It's obviously the Beatles song, but it's a different band playing it as an instrumental, with a guitar covering the vocal part. It's actually a really good track, I'm listening to it right now and it's a really well-done cover IMO. I'm just curious what band it is.
    If anyone would like to hear it, email me at cheesepirate219@aol.com or AIM me at westernspagetti. I'd be glad to share/trade or whatever.

2. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Yeah, that prolly is it. Since jeff beck is one of a few people who can decently cover the vocals of a beatles song. It is a very well done cover, imo also.

3. That's probably it, but I can't get the audio sample to work so it remains a mystery.

4. I also know that jazz guitarist Grant Green did a version of "A day in the life".

5. Hey! I found a much better page.

http://hype.non-standard.net/track/12118

You can listen to the whole song. It's kind of a cool version, I love Jeff's sound. Only he can make the strat sound like that.

There is also a link to Amazon and iTunes for the CD. It's a tribute CD, you sould check out some to the rest of the songs. Some of them are just awful. The name of the CD is "In My Life" by of all people George Martin.

For instants, I didn't know that Goldie Hawn could sing. Apparently nether does she, someone should let her know. Also, "In My Life" spoken by Sean Connery. Jim Carry doing "I Am the Walrus", blasphemy!

Amazon

Well, anyway, Jeff sounds cool.

6. ^Great link man. That is the version I have.
    Finally, after like 5 years of enjoying this song, I know who plays it.